I hope you are all doing well. It's a strange world we're living in!
This is a short note about how this course will work this semester. For those of you who have taken 461 or 561, it should feel very similar. That is, we will have recorded lectures that you view on your own, and live studios in which we discuss and work together.
Here are the main differences from the previous class:
- 462/562 are combined into one virtual "classroom", but still graded a little differently.
- There are only a dozen or so students even combined, so things will be more personal.
- We will have a large programming project over about half the semester, with presentations.
- Students in 462 will have to do more reading than in 461.
- Students in 562 will have to lead discussion of two readings during the semester.
- No exercises!
Here's what you can do to begin the course immediately, in addition to filling out the survey:
- Check out the course site.
- Check out the course syllabus.
- Join the course forum.
- Join the course slack.
- Do the first two readings, on game engines.